9.15.2008

'as long as You are glorified'

i've really been appreciating the truth in this song recently. i know that God is good... i've seen it many times. but i don't always believe it in my present circumstances.

its good to be reminded that God IS good, and everything He does is in orchestration of His perfect, loving, good plan for our lives. my desire for my own comfort in this life wars in my mind with God's design of sometimes using difficulties as a chisel on my heart in my sanctification. but though i sometimes cease to belive and falter in my praise... He is faithful... and ALWAYS good.

'as long as You are glorified'
mark altrogge

shall i take from Your hand your blessings
yet not welcome any pain
shall i thank You for days of sunshine
yet grumble in days of rain
shall i love You in times of plenty
then leave You in days of drought?
shall i trust when i reap a harvest
but when winter winds blow, then doubt?

oh let Your will be done in me
in Your love i will abide
oh i long for nothing else, as long
as You are glorified

are You good only when i prosper
and true only when i'm filled?
are You King only when i'm carefree
and God only when well?
You are good when i'm poor and needy
You are true when i'm parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You're still God in the darkest night

(c) 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has really been working in my life, in this area over the past month and a half. I've had to over and over again check my heart, and ask am I looking for what God is doing in the trial, whats He's teaching me, how He's using me? How He is being seen by others because of this? Or am I simply throwing a conniption fit because I'm in a hard situation.Focusing my eyes on whats going on around me, instead of on Him. The answer I have to so often tell myself, I very convicting a humbling... But I'm so thankful, that my God is FAITHFUL!

Denise said...

"You still reign in the deepest valley,
You're still God in the darkest night"

That is a hard truth to swallow, because it means believing that God allows all the dark things to happen in our lives. But it IS true. Our theology about God has to get so much deeper and thorough that we ever suspect, by living through every thing God's put into our lives, turthfuly before Him. It means pushing through rather than just dropping it and blindly pushing on. It means digging deep into our souls and into God's word. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a beautifully inspiring and convicting song. (Yes, I really read ALL the lyrics.) I'd love to hear it sometime. Thanks for sharing it... along with your thoughts. XO

Anonymous said...

Great song, Josh. Reminds me of Job. :) Probably the biggest thing that God has tried to work in my life over the last 3 years is to rejoice in Him always and thank Him for every circumstance. It is certainly not my nature, my nature is to become discouraged, but it has been very freeing and has released me from the pattern of spiraling downward in my emotions. To God be the glory! We love you and miss you! I hope you are doing well.
Cindy