8.26.2008

nuovo inizio...

so there's always a first post. i've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to come up with something clever or catchy to start this thing with, but alas, in my lack of present creativity, a humble beginning will have to do. i'm no stranger to blogging (www.xanga.com/liv2praz), and i will keep my xanga up for old or new readers, but i've been out of it for a while, and i'm a bit bored of xanga's format and limitations. so, i'm starting new here... partly for a new look and features, partly in attempt to stimulate creativity... or at least verbal expression. God has done so much in my life in the last couple of years. i have not desired much through this past season to be very expressive about it. but that is changing... so here goes...

i love to post lyrics to songs as well as personal thoughts or lessons the Lord is teaching me. my goal with this is appropriate, honest expression of the work the Lord is doing in my life... and general edification to all who read. i am a wreck of a sinner, saved by God's grace, through Christ crucified... rescued FROM slavery to sin, and TO slavery to Christ.

this song has become my favorite as of late. i am affected every time i sing it, because it is my story. what an awesome thing it is realize God's initiative in my salvation... and to worship Him from that starting point. even the fact that my heart responded to His grace is an evidence that His grace was already at work!

all i have is Christ
(by devon kauflin)

i once was lost in darkest night
yet thought i knew the way
the sin that promised joy and life
had led me to the grave
i had no hope that You would own
a rebel to Your will
and if You had not loved me first
i would refuse You still

but as i ran my hell-bound race
indifferent to the cost
You looked upon my helpless state
and led me to the cross
and i beheld God's love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
now all i know is grace

hallelujah! all i have is Christ!
hallelujah! all i have is Christ!

now, Lord, i would be Yours alone
and live so all might see
the strength to follow Your commands
could never come from me
oh Father, use my ransomed life
in any way You choose
and let my song forever be
'my only boast is You!'

(c) 2008 sovereign grace praise (BMI)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I like it, Son.
I look forward to reading your posts again. The Lord gives you great insight and your creative expression, through writing (and other things), is always a blessing to experience. What a joy you continue to be in our lives. May the Lord be glorified through your new blog spot. Write on!

Anonymous said...

Just a thought...
You might want to post a link to your new blog on your Xanga site for the people that don't have a Facebook, yet read your posts there. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hello Son. Great post and page. All I can say is; "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth", 3 John 3. I love you, Son. XO Dad OX

Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

Good to see you blogging again.

Lookn4lfe said...

Wow. I dearly love that song. It has truly blessed my heart since the first time I heard it.
Thanks for your transparency and for taking the time to post your thoughts. It was a real blessing to read.
You obviously got over the initial awkwardness of "the first post" 8)Oh, and welcome to blogspot. ;)

Lookn4lfe said...

I'm just a sinner saved by grace. :) Keep up the writing. It's definately an encouragement.